Friday, December 14, 2007

WHAT IFs..

*goodbye dear school*

14/12/2007
It was about 12pm. I was walking out from the hostel office, and seeing the music room empty, I intuitively walked towards the all familiar music room..and without much thought..just tapped my wallet(the access card used to be inside) on the access card reader to gain access to the room.
Nothing happened.
I turned my wallet and tapped again.
Nothing happened.

Then i suddenly realized.
I just surrendered my hostel pass that allows u access to all the facilities room in the hostel.

Suddenly it dawned me that i really AM leaving Singapore. For real.
Its not me seeing others off anymore..
No more music room, gym or hostel food.

I really AM leaving.


fast forward to the night.
I was "remaking" my room that basically hasn't been tidied/touched since secondary school
Thus basically my room was a reflection of my sec school years.
2 years having not seen nor touched all the books, photographs, scout uniforms, log books..
suddenly holding them in ur hands, really brings back lots of memories..
anyway..
Among many other objects, there were the brochures from HELP and Taylors..those were the places i would have gone if not for Singapore..
anyway.
when I saw the brochures.
I thought.
What if.

What if i didn't go Singapore.

You know what my answer was?

I don't really care
.
Becoz I won't regret my 2 years in Singapore.

Becoz I met wonderful teachers.(Ms Loo, Mrs Toh, Mrs Than and Mr FOO!! they're the best)
*hopefully mr hsu doesnt read blogs..i give him A for effort =p*

Becoz I learnt squash, Ultimate, and somewhat relearned table tennis.

Becoz I had a chance to play for an audience(duets and accompanying a wonderful violinist) and had a chance to literally feel my knees/and fingers shaking when i was on stage

Becoz I learnt how to establish a wireless LAN connection to play DOTA/CS =p

Becoz I am no longer a noob in photo/video editing

Becoz I learnt the concept of mass dance and think it is damn fun

Becoz I learnt that the best way to watch movies is to watch on your own com( u can pause and u can download subtitles)

Becoz I learnt who is Lang Lang/Li Yundi and Ishak Perlman/ and don't forget Ken Hirai



But all of the above does not really matter if not for the people that made my life in Singapore memorable.

The 10 ASEAN scholars..

in the end the experience was great, and we more than survived, didn't we!!!!
I'll miss each and everyone of them lol
Damien-Will remember Basketball to NFS to frisbee to pool to table tennis lol
Jensen- Yi3 Wei2 god!!! sometimes wanna punch him lol!! but he makes things in the hostel interesting!! will definitely miss him haha..
Chris- Will always remember his conversation with Sanstav about what songs to play.. Damn comical lar
Shi Ning- Will always remember her diatribe before every exams..haha and chris will be scolding her..and she will say next time must study hard...
Wen Xin- hmm..will remember her..not letting me put my hands on her shoulder..and thus breaking my fragile male ego.haih
Jun Shen- ubi?? last few nights spent with him and jensen was insightful lo..saw first hand how couples fight haha!!
Alan- the first Asean Direct to greet me in Singapore. Will remember him for all the movies he obtained that made my day!! BIg thanks to u!! Long LIVE Piracy, may piracy never ever die =p
Ming Wang- well..he's certainly cute!! and I will always remember him for knocking on my door and not coming in though it's not locked..that action tells alot bout him huh =p
Anurad- well..there's a reason she's the last person i'm writing..coz I'll remember not really knowing her? is that a good thing to remember? i dun really know..

16/06 (my class)(+shaun??)
I LUV ThEM...
they deserve a whole blog post to serve as a tribute!!
comin up later ler..

oh and not forgetting the other scholars+Amanda..some closer(like my roomate =p) than others..

The "3 towers" from 15/06(i'm tiptoeing..)

House Com ppl....
Ensemble ppl...(Jack Sparrow anyone?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home