Wednesday, January 27, 2010

COURAGE

Courage is basically "Just Do It"

Don't think. Just act. I need courage. For so many things.

I'm trying real hard to be hardworking this sem. It's probably because I finally lost my usual academic/homework 靠山, the fact that i'm not that busy in terms of CCA helped too..

My 3 semesters' history.

1st Sem: Followed classes till mid term break....after that when OG video/GEM paper came in, could not follow classes...and hence fell behind in terms of my work...

2nd Sem: Started real busy. Didn't follow classes.. Started to follow fine after midterms.

3rd Sem: Same as 2nd sem. Busy in the first half because of Interim, then planning for VPU... didn't follow lessons much before mid term break. This was my worst half of any semesters. I basically didn't know what was happening at all. My mind kept wandering away to VPU stuff in lectures... Then I realised. If you didn't concentrate during lectures, then you need to find text book/consult others/figure out yourself which was really not very time effective way of studying. So if I could just understand during lectures, everything will be so much more effective later...With that realisation, the 2nd half of my 3rd sem was much much better...

Every semester, the trend is one half crap, one half ok.
This semester. I will change this. I will remember what I have realized. I can do it. I have the courage to do it. I will focus. I will understand. I will not be lazy.

Please let me read this post when I fall behind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jebster said...

Yo bro,

I can't say: "You score so good liao still complain complain, what about me?"... There's once where one Raffles girl was coaching me to play a violin piece during my college years, and she was playing Mendelssohn concerto (tough violin piece), and from what I hear, I told her: "You played well! Why still keep on practicing?". She said: "Not good enough. We are of different levels.". Her expectation of her goal is far different from mine. And your expectation of academic goal is far more than mine also. So the reason I blabber so much is to assure you that, I won't say: "Good enough la..."

It's good to have a focus like that! But one of the things I've thought about is, I don't wanna graduate and look back, realizing that I spent all my time studying and doing nothing else. Of course that's not gonna happen for you, because you've done lots of things!! But maybe deep in your heart, you still have something you wanna do, but don't have the time or courage to do yet.

So I hope just to trigger a little thought in you that, well, is putting your effort into studying so much in order to achieve a greater result (relative to already a great result) at the expense of your dream worth it (assuming you have a dream to achieve)? That's for you to answer man.

Anyway, just strive for what you believe in and be happy in your uni years.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous The Girl Who Lives Opposite said...

Jia you, jia you! You've got your girlfriend as your #1 cheerleader too =p

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Greentea said...

Sorry dear, now only i go to read ur blog and saw this article. I did not know u try to be hardworking last semester.haha.

When I tried to recall what u had done in last semester, i still don't think u become very hardworking,haha.
I remember u did the short film, u still went to every frisbee training and sometimes still skip tutorials and lectures.(Though I know may defend for urself).

Don't be sad. I knew you tried to do ur best in ur studies ady and also don't want to give up the things that you like.

I will try to complain less so that you can go to every training with a big smile. ok?

We are going to start our new semester soon, so are u going to be hardworking for this coming semester too?

Love,
Greentea

11:32 AM  
Blogger Li Hong said...

Haha actually the last semester was very different...I sort of kept in pace with the lectures..

But the funny thing was, when I kept in pace with lectures, and when I knew what was going on in lectures. I sort of have a false sense of security that I'm fine..so the few days before exams when I'm normally studying coz i have little idea on what happened in lectures..I will procrastinate as I thought I know all these la..

HAHA

so in the end, still become lazy..

=<

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home