Saturday, October 18, 2008

Graciousness

I just came back from a trip to the fridge and the ice tray was empty!!
Luckily there were still ice in the ice container.
If only i knew who those inconsiderate souls are.
Selfish ppl.
Saving their own time in expense of others...

My cousin once told me that civic mindedness of your hall/cluster/housemates can be measured by the amount of ice cubes left in the ice container as well the ice tray.

I can't agree enough.

A few weeks ago we were crowding around the attendance sheet to mark attendance from some stupid seminar. The crowd-control and organization was really bad and everyone was getting impatient.

This guy was holding the sheet trying to find his name, while everyone was crowding around him, when out of the sudden, another guy just took the sheet away without saying anything, looked for and ticked his name.

I suddenly bursted out: Oh my god, thats so rude!

He said: Sorry, I'm in a rush.
And I just blurted: Don't worry, Its okay to be rude when you're rushing for time.
And I can't believe I actually said that. I wouldn't say that out loud normally..
but hey, i felt really good after that =p

guess speaking your mind really does make a difference.

2 Comments:

Blogger Flo said...

There was once my aunt was in a record store, and suddenly this lady elbowed her as she came out of the store. My aunt - she used to be a reporter, hence - shouted at the top of her lungs.. "YOU ARE SO RUDE!"

The effect was immediate - pin-drop silence and the stares.

We need more people like you to keep our manners in check. ;) You rock.

4:20 PM  
Blogger xingji said...

Damn. That is the bomb.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home